Your first line of defense for good health is to have the very best Primary Care Physician available. There are simply no better Primary Care Physicians than Dr. Deepti Sadhwani and Dr. Harish Sadhwani. Our primary care provides you with outstanding medical professionals to prevent, diagnose, and treat all most every disease known to mankind.
Issues that involve your heart, lungs, digestive system, skin conditions and cancers, pain management, proactive aging, wound care, diabetes, male and female hormones, thyroid, brain fog, diminished memory, weight management and nutrition are all within our scope of taking care of you.
Why do we do this? Because it is important for your doctor to know all of the issues that you are experiencing, so that you can receive an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan, and not just handed a prescription.
Important considerations for your health care:
- Most of your medical needs are taken care of in one location
- Your complete medical records are available in one location
- We listen to you
- It is our job to find the root cause of your issues and find solutions
- Our entire medical team prides themselves on the level of care that you receive
Integrative medicine is a revolutionary approach that seeks to evaluate the patient as a whole, rather than only focusing on symptoms. It is the preventative approach you want, and should expect to receive, in a highly collaborative relationship with your physician. Unfortunately, the healthcare model that is still dominant today is the conventional approach to medicine, which is inherently less patient-centric, and more focused on managing disease after it has occurred. In an integrative approach, you and your physician will work together to prevent disease from occurring to begin with, and will work on addressing the root cause if disease is already present. In a conventional approach, practitioners simply focus on suppressing the symptoms of illness, through use of prescription drugs. The conventional medicine approach does not, therefore, prevent and address disease, but instead seeks to control its further spread.
Integrative Medicine practitioners take a revolutionary approach to patient care, working closely with patients to help them prevent the disease from happening at all. Integrative medicine begins with Advanced Integrative Testing, developing a baseline to fully understand the patient’s health, and discussing the next steps necessary to reach the patient’s goals (Chronic disease management, weight loss, disease reversal, etc). If the patient does develop a disease or chronic condition, functional medicine practitioners will holistically investigate the body, and treat the underlying cause to reverse the diagnosis as completely as possible, often without surgery or medication. Ultimately, patients are not only able to get well, but they also will stay well.
The conventional approach to medicine offered at most clinics today is clearly not working for our country. America has seen epidemic levels of Chronic Inflammation, Metabolic Disease and Obesity-related illnesses, which are being treated while or after they are occurring. Please consider the following healthcare facts In the United States:
- Six in 10 U.S. adults have a chronic disease, while four in 10 suffer with two or more chronic conditions. (8)
- Seven of the current top 10 causes of death are chronic diseases, including Alzheimer’s and diabetes, and chronic disease is responsible for seven out of every 10 deaths each year. (9, 10)
- Nearly six million Americans are currently living with Alzheimer’s, a number expected to reach nearly 14 million by 2050; the disease kills more people than breast cancer and prostate cancer combined. (11)
- More than 100 million Americans—nearly one in three—have either prediabetes or diabetes, the seventh-leading cause of death, while some 50 million citizens have an autoimmune disease. (12, 13)
- Research suggests that more than half of all Americans take at least one prescription drug, with some estimates as high as 70 percent; many in this group regularly take between two and four medications.
- Between 1988 and 2010, the number of older adults taking more than five prescription medications tripled, from 12.8 percent to 39 percent.
- More than 20 percent of children under the age of 18 take at least one prescription drug every month, including antidepressants and even opioids.
Conventional medicine’s losing war on disease management and a reactionary approach has opened the door to Functional Medicine Practitioners. Our evidence-based, preventative approach, focuses on the nutritional health of the patient, as well as a variety of environmental and genetic Factors. Integrative Medicine focuses on treating the cause, rather than treatment of the symptoms through prescription drugs, and deals directly with the underlying health issue. Each patient is treated as a whole, unique individual. After extensive Advanced Integrative Testing, practitioners work together with health coaches, nutritionists, and other allied health providers to provide a clear path to optimal health for patients, as they embark on their wellness journey.