Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) is a cofactor that is critical to your body’s metabolism. Found in all living cells, NAD consists of two nucleotides joined through their phosphate groups. One nucleotide contains an adenine nucleobase and the other nicotinamide. NAD exists in two forms: an oxidized version (NAD+) and a reduced form (NADH). NAD+ is the building block of a healthy body as it is a key component that the brain, our organs, and our neurological systems need to function at optimal efficiency. What you put into your body affects your cellular function and overall wellness. Many of the nutrients and vitamins in the food you eat aren’t absorbed properly, leaving your body nutritionally deficient. High dose intravenous infusions of pure NAD+ bypass the digestive system and are delivered straight to the cells through your blood for better more efficient absorption.
IV nutrition therapy is an effective way to increase NAD+ levels in the body:
- NAD+ works rapidly to repair cells throughout the body and neurons in the brain.
- NAD+ influences gene expression relating to DNA repair, cell death, and certain anti-inflammatory processes.
- NAD+ can repair DNA, protect brain cells from damage, reduce inflammation and turn on enzymes that help prevent aging.
- NAD+ plays a central role in our metabolism to produce energy for every cell in our body.
- NAD+ metabolizes toxins quickly, helping you recover from addiction and substance abuse.
Special Recent Posts