What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers injections under the skin can restore volume and smooth lines lost through age and sun damage. They repair and soften creases and enhance facial contours. Dermal fillers usually contain a form of hyaluronic acid (HA) or a collagen stimulator.
Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in the skin that assists in adding hydration and volume. Once injected it can add to the natural plumping action, or replenish your body’s natural production of hyaluronic acid, which diminishes as you age. Collagen is the main structural protein in our skin–it’s what helps it feel and look tight, taught, and youthful. As we age, the production of collagen slows down, causing skin to sag. Fillers that contain collagen help to promote the body’s process of producing collagen and promotes growth, for a more vibrant refreshed appearance, so you can radiate.
There are many dermal fillers available. We consult with you to find the solution that gives you your desired results safely and effectively. Listed below are some common dermal fillers.
- Juvéderm is a soft injectable gel made of hyaluronic acid carefully introduced into the mid to deep dermis to temporarily smooth wrinkles and fine lines, replenishing volume in the skin almost instantly. There are several options for us to chose from.
- Restylane® Lyft, formerly known as Perlane-L®, contains Hyaluronic acid to correct volume loss and treat wrinkles in the face and hands. Through nonsurgical injections, Restylane Lyft is specifically designed to add fullness to the cheeks, midface area, and the back of the hands to help complete your aesthetic look — for face and hands. can be used to add volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds).
- Restylane Defyne also contains hyaluronic acid can help restore a more youthful, natural-looking appearance, while helping you maintain your natural expressions. As we age, our skin loses elasticity and the lines that run from the sides of the nose toward the corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds) and the lines that run from the corners of your mouth toward the chin (marionette lines) become more pronounced. Restylane Defyne is crafted with XpresHAn Technology to correct these deepened lines. The unique cross-linking of the gel in Restylane Defyne is also designed to help support your facial expressions—for natural-looking results that help maintain your natural movement.
- Radiesse® and Radiesse® (+) are collagen stimulators used for smoothing moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds (the creases that extend from the corner of your nose to the corner of your mouth). They are also used for correcting volume loss in the back of the hands.
To Minimize the “Ouch” of Injections we:
- Numb the area of your face to be treated with a topical anesthetic.
- Apply ice prior and after your procedure.
- Provide pre-treatment education.
Though fillers are considered safe, there are a few reasons to postpone an injection. If you’re pregnant, breastfeeding, or you’re battling a sinus infection, it’s best to wait or reschedule or reschedule your appointment. Infections in the facial area could spread to the injection site. Don’t get a filler right before a teeth cleaning or other dental treatment. These procedures require pressure and stretching of the face that could misplace fillers. Space out dental appointments from your aesthetic appointments.
Special Recent Posts